Sunday, October 29, 2006

Contentment

Last night we celebrated Samhain in our first ritual of the Sunlit Hearth. All I have to say is - wow! It was amazing! Jeff & I drove down to Claresholm and as a group we went to Cripple Creek. It was a truly beautiful place. Tristan was absolutely loving the wind and the fall colours on the prarie were spectacular.





I won't divulge any of the ritual, but it was really really special. What a gift to be able to celebrate with such dear friends.





I brought home the pumpkin I had carved in ritual and Milo promptly set to work at fishing the tea light out of his mouth - and he did eventually succeed! Looks like the little guy is enjoying his first Halloween so far.





And now this morning everything is covered in a blanket of beautiful snow. It seems appropriate, a layer of snow to cover up the past. Everything looks fresh, beautiful, and still. I think that this new path is a rebirth and the start of something really incredible.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics!!! I'm glad everything went so well. I'm loving this snow too! Having the first snow right near Samhain is a Calgary tradition.

 
At 4:58 p.m., Blogger Kierllyahn said...

It was just wonderul last night!!! So very special! The pictures turned out really well:) I too feel contented and still. It is so good, to just be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home