Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Spending and the new house

I'm sure you all are wondering how our "no spending" thing is going. Actually, pretty well. I have not bought anything on my no-no list - no books, no clothes, no toys for Tristan, and I haven't missed it. Of course, the reason why I'm probably not missing it is because we have started shopping for the new house. Nothing helps you to not miss spending money like, well, spending money!

But let me take a moment to gush about the new house, because it's going to be pretty freaking amazing! On Friday we went and pick all of our cabinetry. We are going to have beautiful maple cabinets with a Forest Green stain on them, very chic. Similar to these:



I have lots of pots and pans drawers and a built-in spice rack and cutlery drawer, I'm drooling over those. When we go to buy our appliances I'm going with stainless steel - I know not always the most practical with fingerprints and such, but with the green, I think they'll be really sharp.

It wasn't time for us to pick our lighting yet, but we were by Carrington so we thought we'd stop in and look and ended up just buying a couple of lights out of pocket because they were on sale and I really, really, really wanted them! I got the cutest chandalier for Tristan's room with little airplanes on it - we had already decided to do an airplane theme for his room so I had to have it, and they had a matching table lamp. For the dining nook we found the perfect Tiffany chandalier to compliment our green cupboards and antique oiled brass hardware:



When we go to pick the rest of the lighting I think we're going to go with mostly Tiffany fixtures because I just love them so much!

So things are totally coming together. We're getting a foundation this week and have a posession date for April 1st. YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home