Tuesday, September 19, 2006

They're what we like to call "special"

My cats have issues, big issues. I have had cats all my life, and I know that, like people, they all come with their own quirks. My cats don't just have quirks though, they have problems.

Let's start with Chloe, beautiful fuzzy little Chloe. As most of you know, she's got a pee issue. Now, we thought we had solved the pee issue, but nope, a few days ago she did it again. She also did it again this morning. I think she waited until we loved her enough to try to handle it before starting it again. Not only does Chloe have the pee problem, she has chewing problems. Perhaps she thinks she's a dog, but this cat will eat anything and everything within her reach. She just about ate clean through the power cord for my breast pump. She shows absolutely no mercy with elastic bands, she can devour one in 3 seconds flat. I was trying to have a nap on the couch this morning until I was startled by Chloe chewing on my leather belt. She also has teeth marks all over her collar tag from trying to eat it (maybe she thought it had a chocolate centre). I have truly never seen anything like it! Dogs I understand, but not cats.... she's an odd ball. She's been trying to cope with having a new little brother by hiding in the basement. Much to her chagrin Milo found her hiding place this morning and decided it looked like a good place to cuddle:



Then there's Milo. We've nicknamed him "Stinky" because Milo farts whenever he's relaxed. It's such a shame because he's so cute and cuddly, but inevitably you'll be cuddling him for a couple of minutes and then he drops a bomb on you. Thanks bud, real cute. Farting aside, he's also a little thief. It started innocently enough with him stealing Nick's socks off the livingroom floor. This I had no problem with because he would carry them into the basement, conveniently closer to the washer. Then he started getting a little more bold, opening up the lid to my cross stitch basket and stealing my thread (thankfully that got stuck in the cat door so he didn't get too far with it). His latest play toy is toilet paper. He takes it off the roll one square at a time, plays with it until it's a shredded mess, hides it under the bed, then takes another square. He also decided that the houseplants made a better toilet then his litter box, thankfully I think we've nipped that one in the bud. Milo is a pretty cool little cat though. We've saved money on cat toys because he thinks the baby toys are just his size:



He even likes to watch TV with us from the comfort of his bed:



Despite it all, I can't imagine life without these little troublemakers. A life without cats is just not worth contemplating. Nick disagrees, he told me if I got another cat he'd divorce me (idle threats....... he knows I'd choose the cats)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home