Thursday, August 31, 2006

My debut

Wow, my inaugural post in my brand new, all important blog! It seems that I should be saying something of substance, something that will be of importance for years to come, but I admit that I am no philosopher. Some days I feel like being a SAHM has robbed me of all of my intelligence and ability to speak in complete sentences. Nowadays my topics of choice are usually breastfeeding, diapers, and what I'm going to make for dinner. But as boring as that may sound, I could not, would not, go back to the ways things were B.T. (before Tristan). There is nothing that makes you more socially and environmentally conscious than having a child. Suddenly you have a future, a legacy. It's no longer all about you, it's about this tiny little person that you have created, and all you can think about is nurturing him and creating the type of environment that fosters his health, growth, and development. I think that's why my outlook has changed so much since I became pregnant and had Tristan. B.T. I was admittedly quite shallow, caught up on making more money, having nicer clothes, being able to afford the Benz. Now all of my energy is pooled into Tristan, poor kid, let's hope I don't screw this up too badly.

7 Comments:

At 12:00 p.m., Blogger WolfHeart RavenHorse said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!!! Hey add my blog to your list...you can add the livejournal too if you want. Here the blog address:

http://wolfheartravenhorse.blogspot.com/

I will add yours to mine!!!! How exciting, I can't wait to read yours!

WolfHeart

 
At 12:11 p.m., Blogger Sam said...

I do have your lj linked under RavenHorse, I'll add your blog too :)

And I need to book a massage from you sometime soon.. I think I'm losing my post-vacation relaxation, need to gain some of that back!

 
At 1:19 p.m., Blogger WolfHeart RavenHorse said...

I have some dates free! Just give me a call and we can set something up 701-9259 or I will see you this weekend and I can bring my agenda!!

WolfHeart

 
At 1:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Blogger :)

 
At 8:06 p.m., Blogger WolfHeart RavenHorse said...

You must share with me...I cannot for the life of me get my picture into the profile thingy...any suggestions?

WolfHeart

 
At 8:40 p.m., Blogger Sam said...

It's really picky on the size, I just loaded it into MS Paint and changed the size to fit within the right pixels.

 
At 10:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you Sam... life is so different and at times so very fucking boring.. but I feel blessed to have the joyous choice to stay home...

As for the world.... my views are 100% altered.. no more scarey too real movies for me... fear of where the world is leading and an incredible urge to make it all right for Maya and all the other beautiful innocents we call our children of the world....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home