Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What's a mother to do?

Yesterday was Day 10 of Tristan's round of antibiotics to clear up his UTI. It seemed to me that it must be gone - he was his normal happy self, he was sleeping well, no more tell tale signs of infection. Then this morning I change his diaper, and lo and behold, there is blood in his urine again. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow, but I can't help already starting the freak out in my head. And I can just see it now, I'm going to go in, they'll take another urine sample and refer me to a pediatrician. All of this culminating with my head exploding because I cannot stand the stress of waiting for bad news.

I'm feeling a bit beaten down this morning. I just want him to be happy and healthy, that is all any mother wishes for her child. So why can't I make him better? If his UTI is in fact still there, I think I'm going to go see a naturopath and explore all of our options.

I hate to think that he's hurting and can't tell me what's wrong. It seems like such a blessing and a curse to be responsible for your child's welfare. It is such a gift, but such a weight on your shoulders to know that the choices you make, or don't make, could affect them in the future.

All I can do right now is wait....and that quite frankly SUCKS.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really sucks :(. YOu will probably be refered for Tristan to have an ultrasound of his kidneys and this urethro somthing exam to make sure that he doesn't have reflux between his bladder and his kidney. Poor kid! Hang in there and keep your spirits up. He will get better and is a strong little boy.

 
At 5:29 p.m., Blogger Kimberley said...

I hope my little buddy Tristan is better soon. I can't imagine how helpless you feel as you wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home