Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tristan, Month 8 Newsletter

Dear Tristan,
Yesterday you turned 8 months old on Valentine's Day. You first Valentine's Day, how exciting! You'll have many more years to dread that day as you get older, I'm sure. But this year you got to be my baby valentine and mommy bought you a Winnie the Pooh balloon and daddy gave you lots of hugs and kisses.



This has been a busy, busy month because you have turned into quite the busy, busy boy! You never sit still anymore, as soon as you are on the ground you are motoring. You've gone from crawling to cruising and will pull yourself up on anything and everything (including the cats). I've had to gate off the stairs because you've already taught yourself how to climb up them and I can't turn my back for one second. I said last month I was just waiting for you to discover the cat food... well, you have. You were playing on the floor in the kitchen and I looked down to find you drinking out of the cats water dish - cute - but perhaps not so healthy.



You're eating on your own now, too. If you can fit it in your fist, then you want to put it in your mouth. Cheerios are a huge hit, in fact they are the only thing that will keep you occupied at a restaurant now. Since you can now move you're incredibly resentful of anytime that you're tied down (ie: car seat, high chairs).



You were teething last week and the only time that you would calm down to sleep is if you were in bed with mommy and daddy. I have to admit that although it was frustrating to have you so fussy, it was so nice to have that little piece of the newborn Tristan back. I didn't realize how much I missed your nighttime snuggles and hearing you snore peacefully on my chest. You're so independent most of the time now that I forget how great cuddles can be.



Not only are you motoring, but you are also incredibly chatty! You've figured out how to say dada and mama (even if you don't really know what they mean). In the morning if I don't come to save you from your prison (crib) fast enough I'm treated to a chorus of "mamamamamamamama" over and over at the top of your lungs. The cats elicit squeals of delight and you do some pretty cool beat boxing noises, too. I'm enjoying this time before you can really form words and make sense. Truly enjoying the fact that you can yet ask "Why?" because I know that will drive me batty.





You seem to be at this weird transition period right now - not an infant anymore, yet not really a toddler yet either. It's the best of both worlds I think. I am having so much fun exploring the world with you and helping you to learn. Thank-you for another wonderful month, you really have changed our lives for the better.

Love,
Momma
xoxoxoxox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home