Saturday, February 03, 2007

Somedays he just gets me

An actual conversation in the car yesterday...

Me: So I was thinking that with the next baby maybe I would just do a hospital birth.
Nick: Why on earth would you want to do that?!?!
Me: Well, I feel like I've had the home birth experience, and it's just so expensive to have midwives, and do I really need to have a midwife?
Nick: Cost is not an issue, it's worth every penny.
Me: It is a lot of money though...
Nick: Even if you have a natural birth and it's intervention free they're still going to take the baby away from you before you nurse and cut the umbilical cord before you want them to.
Me: Very true... (and I'm suddenly picturing my baby in one of those plastic buckets they put them in and feeling sick)
Nick: We're having midwives.

I'm glad that he gets it. I'm really, really glad. I'm glad that he doesn't make me feel guilty about spending money on it, that he doesn't think it's indulgent. Another point to add here as well, with a home birth the father has much more of an opportunity to be involved. My midwife pretty much backed off and let me and Nick labour together. Afterall, it was OUR baby, I might have been the one pushing him out but we were both labouring.

I can't wait to have another baby!

1 Comments:

At 1:06 p.m., Blogger Kierllyahn said...

It is so great that you guys are on the same wave lenght with your birth plans. So many couples aren't. You both agree, you know waht kind of experience you want, and you are suportive of each other. That is so great to see!!! I can't wait for you guys to have another little baby!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home