Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I was sitting here, struggling to come up with a reason why I haven't been blogging much lately. Truth is, I just feel boring right now. I haven't really done anything since the holidays finished and I'm back in the "real world".

The cats have done some stupid things, Tristan has done some super cute things, I've been a total raging bitch, blah blah blah - does anyone really want to hear that crap?

Trying to kick the New Year off right by really sticking to our budget because we have NO MONEY after Christmas, I have come to the profound conclusion that budgeting sucks. Perhaps that's why I feel boring? It's hard to feel all snazzy and profound when you lack your Decaf Venti Caramel Machiatto with Whip. I said to A.J. last week that no matter how broke I was, I wouldn't give up my Starbucks, but I'm even struggling to justify that lately. I am left with this horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that oh my god, my EI is going to run out soon and then I will no longer have a financial contribution to our household income. Until this whole dayhome thing pans out and is as fabulous as I assume it will be.

hmmm... what else can I go on about.... OH! I'm starting to do this whole Priestesshood Path thingy (such a good way to describe a very important spiritual journey, eh?) I think I may start a new blog for that, because it doesn't really belong here. Also, working on getting some blogs and a newsletter set up for the Sunlit Hearth, stay tuned for that.

And now, I am going to go shower and get my child fed and dressed because I have Clothing Club this morning, and darn it, today is a good day and I'm going to win! (In case you don't know what a clothing club in, you get 12 people together, pitch in $25 and each month of the year you pull a name and whoever gets chosen gets the pot for the month, then all the money must be spent on YOU - clothes, hair cut, spa day, whatever).

And then we also have playgroup... and then I'm going to call Jeff and beg him to poke my legs with needles because my knees freaking HURT, and the last time he did it I caught the needle on the tablecloth which left a really nifty bruise that looks oddly like a Brigid's Cross.

If you're still reading this, perhaps your life is more boring than mine, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home