Friday, January 05, 2007

It's all over!

The holidays that is, and I couldn't be happier. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's, but I was just so ready to pack away the clutter and have my house back. I hate all of the "stuff" that comes with Christmas. For about the first week I love the tree, and the lights, and the ribbons and trim, and then I start to resent it. I found that especially this year when I am surrounded by it 24/7. A cluttered environment makes for a cluttered mind, and mine is bad enough at the best of times.

Tristan seems to be starting to settle back into a routine. All of the excitement of the holidays, combined with dad being home for 10 days, and going through teething and a growth spurt have meant that our schedule has been out the window, I hope the worst is over though! Babies should not be staying up until 1am, I don't care how cute and happy they are.

This week has been all about getting things back together and getting myself organized. The house looks great (if I do say so myself), the laundry is done (ironing not included because I do that, oh, once a year), and Nick and I have been swapping cooking, and it's all working out well! Looks like in 2007 we're headed in the direction of domestic bliss. I have a feeling this is going to be a great year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home