Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Charles in Charge

Poor Charlie hasn't gotten much airtime on the blog, I wonder if he feels neglected? No worries, he gets plenty of love and cuddles around the house.

There has certainly been an adjustment period for us all. Chloe & Milo still don't quite know what to think of him, after all, he's a big bruiser of a cat being 20 lbs and all. That and he doesn't quite know how to play gently. The poor guy just wants friends! It seems even in the feline world nobody wants to be friends with the fat kid.



Nick seems pleased that he finally has his own cat. Charlie has decided that Nick is his human, despite the fact I'm the one that feeds him and cleans up his shit (how is THAT for loyalty?) Charlie sits and howls at the door when Nick leaves for work until I come and grab him and bring him back to bed... he's quite the big baby when he wants to be.



You can certainly tell that he was a stray. He has an odd obsession with sleeping in paper bags, not playing, just sleeping. I know that to a certain degree all cats do this, but trust me, it's weird.



He's also got this strange habit of nibbling on toes and elbows. If you're brushing your teeth he'll sit there and nibble on your big toe, or when I'm putting on my mascara he sits on the bathroom counter and nibbles my elbow. Issues man, issues...

Charlie's a good boy though. He certainly makes the house seem smaller with his overwhelming girth. Some days I regret the decision to have three critters in the house, I am constantly saying "Holy crap, I have three cats!" But they're all lovely. Our niece Lara on the weekend said "There's a ton of cats here! It's the cat house!" From the mouths of babes, eh?

Anyway, life trudges on... I long for the days when I just had my baby girl, Timmy. She was quiet, snuggly, and tidy. Now I had three hellions that wreck my carpet, piss on my bed, and make an unbelievable mess of the litter. *sigh* I did it to myself, I have only me to blame...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home