Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random Smatterings

The weekend is over and somehow I feel more exhausted and not at all rested than when it began. I think that's what happens once you have a child, you no longer get "breaks" there is also something to rush off and do.

Charles Fluffy Pants I (or unofficially just Charlie) joined our family on Saturday. He is a big bear of a cat who loves his cuddles and purrs like a jet engine. I think he'll fit in nicely once the other cats stop trying to intimidate him. Let me tell you though Bitchy Chloe and Poofy Milo make quite the pair. Chloe's walking about hissing at anything and everything, and Milo alternates between cuddling Charlie and poofing up like a little fluffy squirrel. I'd take pictures, but I dropped our camera one to many times and it's in the repair shop.

In other news Nick had yesterday off so he joined me and the babe at Gymboree. Not too sure how daddy felt about that, but he put on a brave face. Must be scary to be the only man in a room full of stay at home moms. I had to laugh that when discussion time came around nobody has anything to say because normally the topic is something like, "My husband won't change diapers, what do I do?" And with men around we women like to pretend that we never talk about our man behind their back (yeah right).

Christmas shopping was (almost) finished last night! Just one more gift to go, and I know what I'm buying. This is probably the most organized I have ever been with the shopping, I think it's because with Tristan now I have this new found paranoia of having to wait in long lines....what if he screams?... what if his diaper is wet?...what if he gets hungry???? Not to mention the horror of having to park way on the other end of a cold and snowy parking lot. No thanks!

And there was my weekend pretty much in a nutshell. Not including of course the fact that my dear son did not go to bed before 11:00pm for the last four nights (I think we might have managed 10:47pm last night)... the fact that I spent my Friday night watching "Garfield" with my parents... and that I had to endure a miserable lunch with my bi-polar Grandmother yesterday. Life just couldn't be more fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home